Labels

family (1) Spring (2) vacation (1)

Monday, August 5, 2013

5 months of Oliver

It doesn't seem possible that 5 months has already passed since we brought this little man of ours into the world and in to our lives. Over the last 5 months we have learned a lot. The first month we learned that we could be parents. All of those fears we had while Oliver was baking in my belly seemed to disappear once he was here and of course new ones replaced those. Galen transformed from my husband to my rockstar baby daddy, while continuing to be an amazing husband. I surprised myself in those first few weeks at how quickly I went from some girl to mommy. I have loved every minute of it. Those sleepless nights, the cuddles, the slobber, the vomit oh and one can't forget the being pee'd and pooped on, but nothing beats when he looks at me and smiles his big smile or giggles. Every minute of it has been an amazing blessing. I have become a softy, sometimes I find myself teary eyed over how much I adore him. Oliver has amazed us in these past few months and continues to daily. He is already sitting up, rolling over, Army crawling (just a few feet) and getting a personality. Oh yes and he has been teething already :( no teeth to show for his pain just yet though. He adores mornings. He is my alarm clock, between 7 and 8 every morning he wakes up jibber jabbering and giggling. My heart literally melts, as I roll over and look in his cradle at him kicking and grabbing his feet. All I can do is smile. No matter how tired I am or how badly I just want 5 more minutes of sleep I hear that and then he smiles at me and nothing in the world matters but that moment with him. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love this little guy. It physically hurts (good hurt). I also never knew I could love Galen more than I already did. But my heart continues to be filled with love by these two boys.

Most recently, we have learned what it is to be a working mom and a nursing working mom at that. This is still a chapter we are writing.

You love to sit up and stand, you chew on your hand all the time, you talk a lot and giggle a lot. You are so curious. You love to look out the window in the car. You love birds. Lately you don't like to be put down unless someone is right there. Sometimes you "fake" cry until one of us comes in to view and then you stop and smile or giggle. I think you may have us wrapped around your tiny little fingers:) You have found that pulling mom's hair is fun. You seem to recognize your name. You play with your toys all the time and bath time is still your favorite. Your favorite book is still "Green Eggs and Ham". I love to snuggle and play with you and just watch you grow. Mornings are our time. You melt daddy's heart with your smile and you always have a big cheesy grin for him. You are such a blessing. We love you so much.

Love you to the moon and back a bajillion times little man!
XOXOX
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment